* [dpdk-dev] Fwd: Request for High Priority Features
       [not found] <CAHx6DYB=qaxb+kGs6yu_+ZQ3Q1efyOuCvD-EJRTJbfU5L7mSDQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2020-07-28 17:35 ` Owen Hilyard
From: Owen Hilyard @ 2020-07-28 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Owen Hilyard <ohilyard@iol.unh.edu>
Date: Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 8:04 AM
Subject: Request for High Priority Features
To: <dts@dpdk.org>

Hello Everyone,

Those of us at the IOL have been working on new DTS test cases for a while
now, and we are starting to get to the point where we've completed most of
the simpler test cases we are aware of. The remaining features are ones we
have internally agreed are either not supported by most NICS (Table 1.1
<http://doc.dpdk.org/guides/nics/overview.html>) or are features that we
think will require a large time investment to complete. This large time
investment may be due to the complexity required of a test which properly
checks different scenarios, a lack of knowledge about specific parts of the
spec we are testing against, or a lack of support in dpdk for the feature.
We don't want to spend a large amount of time focusing on a feature which
isn't important, and as such we are requesting that the community send us a
list of high priority features. We don't need a consensus before these are
sent to us, since we can look at multiple people's lists and find the
important ones from the aggregate.

The current state of our development progress can be found in the attached
google sheet.
 DPDK Test Cases Status List
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xeGQZdt6R3FrxMUSfbLRMKObDs7yGEODuXSLw4OjSco/edit?usp=drive_web>

Thanks for your assistance,
The IOL Team

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-07-28 17:35 UTC | newest]