* [dpdk-dev] Userspace testing
@ 2020-07-29 14:34 Owen Hilyard
From: Owen Hilyard @ 2020-07-29 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dts, dev; +Cc: Lincoln Lavoie

Hello all,

I was wondering what everyone's thoughts on doing both userspace testing
and unprivileged testing of dpdk applications is. DTS currently runs all
commands on the tester and the dut as the root user. Please correct me if
I'm wrong, but I was under the assumption that most applications written
with dpdk would not run as root. This could present a problem since it is
possible that permissions errors could arise and we wouldn't notice it due
to the way we currently test. Given that, I was wondering what should and
should not be possible as a normal (non-root) user, and what would be the
best way to go about verifying this.

Thanks