From: Venky Venkatesh <vvenkatesh@paloaltonetworks.com>
To: "Mattias Rönnblom" <mattias.ronnblom@ericsson.com>
Cc: dev@dpdk.org
Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] eventdev DSW question
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2019 08:32:54 -0800	[thread overview]

Thanks Mattias for the clarifications.

1 more question: This time it is about the inflight accounting for DSW.
Here is my understanding: it seems to consider only the events which
are *inside
the scheduler* as in flight. I am trying to distinguish it from those which
have been currently given to cores by the scheduler. The latter are not
considered in flight since we dsw_port_return_credits as soon as
dsw_event_dequeue_burst . So if these events which are in core currently do
a FORWARD, there is a chance that those can fail. Ideally those FORWARDs
should not fail -- which can happen with the current design as some NEWs
can hog those credits freed up by the ones which have been dequeued by
cores. Is this design of DSW intentional or an omission? If it is an
omission I can work on a possible fix and run it by you.

Thanks
-Venky