I can remove this part (rte_eth_config), but the new API provides other link information which is not available from the existing API, like supported/advertising/partner_advertising link modes. Additionally from what I see, rte_eth_confg is available from rte_eth_dev_conf_get API and it's copy of requested configuration: `memcpy(dev_conf, &dev->data->dev_conf, sizeof(struct rte_eth_conf));` On Wed, Apr 3, 2024 at 7:23 PM Stephen Hemminger wrote: > On Wed, 3 Apr 2024 16:59:08 +0200 > Marek Pazdan wrote: > > > Hi Thomas, > > > > Information like advertising: speed, pause, autonegotiation etc. and that > > same for link partner advertising. > > I try to mimic ethtool since it's a common, well known and widely used > tool > > so adding an API which provides the same set of information in case the > > interface is passthrough to dpdk will be useful I think. > > I've 2 more patches dependent on the one we are discussing now, but I > need > > patchwork id to add dependency information. I need moderator approval for > > the current patch. > > > > Regards, > > Marek > > DPDK already had this info under rte_eth_conf and it is supported > on all drivers. Why introduce yet another API and only for some drivers? >