* Does DPDK provide RX timestamps?
@ 2024-09-08 22:31 Dpdk Newbie
       [not found] ` <8a180c35-c4fd-4760-a4fa-f7d3ff360fab@email.android.com>
From: Dpdk Newbie @ 2024-09-08 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi. I am using Intel (i210) and AWS ENA network interface cards.

I would like to measure the following RX latencies:

1) NIC to DPDK packet ring buffer
2) DPDK packet ring buffer to application via rte_eth_rx_burst.

I don't mind measuring in nanoseconds or CPU cycles.

Unfortunately I cannot find any mention of hardware timestamps.

I found brief references to mbuf containing a timestamp in the dynamic
fields, but nothing definitive.

Could someone please clarify what the situation is?