On Fri, Dec 1, 2023 at 4:09 PM Thomas Monjalon wrote: > 01/12/2023 18:24, Patrick Robb: > > For staging branches, Based on TB voting I did add a work item to the > 2024 > > lab SOW for "on-push" staging branch testing, which we will do via these > > GitHub branches (so like, next-virtio-staging). > > Not sure about testing staging branches for next-*. > Each patch is already tested individually. > Then the ready branch for-* is tested again regularly. > I think the staging branch is more for manual testing. > There is also GitHub Actions doing an automatic test. > Instead of "on-push" testing, we could propose a manual trigger > if we want to avoid overloading the lab during critical release times. > > > Okay. I will leave it until Monday for any sub-tree maintainers to chime in if they disagree. Otherwise, I will remove the staging branch testing work item, and add in a work item for adding a manual trigger. Thanks.