On Fri, May 31, 2024 at 12:44 PM Luca Vizzarro wrote: > > In my testing of Jeremy's patches which depend on this one ("Add second > scatter test case"), I've discovered that the Intel E810-C NIC I am > using to test does not automatically show "RX scattered packets: on". > But I've noticed it does if the MTU is set to something big like 9000. > > I've tested a change of this by adding: > > self.set_port_mtu(0, 9000) > > + rxq_info = self.send_command(command) > self.set_port_mtu(1, 9000) > > And it seems to work alright. I've also tested this specific change with > Mellanox NICs and it didn't seem to affect them at all. No errors or > problems and they still showed "RX scattered packets: off" as expected. > > The `set_port_mtu` method comes from Jeremy's patch... > > > Hi Jeremy, Sounds like Luca's way ahead of me here, but I wanted to note that I did run from the capabilities patch + Jeremy's new Scatter patch, across these NICs: Mellanox CX5 Broadcom 57414 25G Broadcom P2100G Intel XL710 40G And in call cases scatter_mbuf_2048 skips, and scatter_mbuf_2048_with_offload runs. The 2nd case passed in all cases, excluding the XL710 where it errors with "Test pmd failed to set fwd mode to mac." I can double check that to ensure there was no setup error on my part, but I think the more interesting part is the skip on the non-offload testcase, as I recall Jeremy saying that the XL710 was expected to natively support scatter and run the first testcase. I can do a rerun, adding in the MTU modifier, and see if the same adjustment happens as with the E810 as Luca describes.