* [dpdk-dev] Admin Queue ENA
@ 2019-10-19 18:26 kumaraparameshwaran rathinavel
From: kumaraparameshwaran rathinavel @ 2019-10-19 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi All,

In the ENA poll mode driver I see that every request in the admin queue is
associated with a completion context and this is preallocated during the
device initialisation. When the completion context is used we check for
occupied to be true in the 16.X version if the occupied flag is set to true
we assert and in the latest version I see that this is an error log. But
there is a time window where if the completion context would be available
to the other consumer but still the old consumer did not set the occupied
to false. The new consumer holds the admin queue lock to get the completion
context but the update by the old consumer to set the the occupied flag is
not done under lock. So should we make sure that the new consumer should
get the completion context only when the occupied flag is set to false. Any
thoughts on this?

If required I can try to make a patch where the completion context would be
available only after setting the occupied flag to false.

Thanks,
Param.