* [dpdk-dev] test: failed to clone dpdk source in windows
@ 2016-08-05  2:09 linhaifeng
From: linhaifeng @ 2016-08-05  2:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: thomas.monjalon, dev

hi,thomas

Could you change the name of file in directory app/test/test_pci_sysfs/bus/pci/devices/ ?
I think somebody like us also cann't access internet in liunux.Windows not support file name
include ':'.

thanks
linhaifeng

* Re: [dpdk-dev] test: failed to clone dpdk source in windows
@ 2016-08-05  7:44 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2016-08-05  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linhaifeng; +Cc: dev

2016-08-05 10:09, linhaifeng:
> hi,thomas
>
> Could you change the name of file in directory app/test/test_pci_sysfs/bus/pci/devices/ ?
> I think somebody like us also cann't access internet in liunux.Windows not support file name
> include ':'.

Not sure to understand the use case.
This is a fake sysfs, we cannot change the names.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] test: failed to clone dpdk source in windows
@ 2016-08-05  7:51   ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2016-08-05  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linhaifeng; +Cc: dev, Jan Viktorin

2016-08-05 09:44, Thomas Monjalon:
> 2016-08-05 10:09, linhaifeng:
> > hi,thomas
> >
> > Could you change the name of file in directory app/test/test_pci_sysfs/bus/pci/devices/ ?
> > I think somebody like us also cann't access internet in liunux.Windows not support file name
> > include ':'.
>
> Not sure to understand the use case.
> This is a fake sysfs, we cannot change the names.

In other words, Windows is not supported, neither for runtime
nor for development.
For information, which filesystem do not support ':'?

If someone wants to add this support, the fake sysfs could have slightly
different names and rightly renamed during compilation.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] test: failed to clone dpdk source in windows
@ 2016-08-06 20:33     ` Jan Viktorin
From: Jan Viktorin @ 2016-08-06 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linhaifeng; +Cc: Thomas Monjalon, dev

On Fri, 05 Aug 2016 09:51:06 +0200
Thomas Monjalon <thomas.monjalon@6wind.com> wrote:

> 2016-08-05 09:44, Thomas Monjalon:
> > 2016-08-05 10:09, linhaifeng:
> > > hi,thomas
> > >
> > > Could you change the name of file in directory app/test/test_pci_sysfs/bus/pci/devices/ ?
> > > I think somebody like us also cann't access internet in liunux.Windows not support file name
> > > include ':'.

Hello,

I am sorry for this situation but (as Thomas mentioned below) Windows is
not considered as a supported platform. If you have issues with this
approach you are welcome to prepare some patch changing this to do
the same thing in another way.

There was a discussion when accepting the fake sysfs into DPDK on the
public mailing list. I did not received any serious complaints at that
time.

Regards
Jan

--
  Jan Viktorin                E-mail: Viktorin@RehiveTech.com
  System Architect            Web:    www.RehiveTech.com

* Re: [dpdk-dev] test: failed to clone dpdk source in windows
@ 2016-08-08  3:50       ` linhaifeng
From: linhaifeng @ 2016-08-08  3:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Viktorin; +Cc: Thomas Monjalon, dev

在 2016/8/7 4:33, Jan Viktorin 写道:
> On Fri, 05 Aug 2016 09:51:06 +0200
> Thomas Monjalon <thomas.monjalon@6wind.com> wrote:
>
>> 2016-08-05 09:44, Thomas Monjalon:
>>> 2016-08-05 10:09, linhaifeng:

> Hello,
>
> I am sorry for this situation but (as Thomas mentioned below) Windows is
> not considered as a supported platform. If you have issues with this
> approach you are welcome to prepare some patch changing this to do
> the same thing in another way.
>
> There was a discussion when accepting the fake sysfs into DPDK on the
> public mailing list. I did not received any serious complaints at that
> time.
>
> Regards
> Jan
>

>>> Not sure to understand the use case.
>>> This is a fake sysfs, we cannot change the names.
>>
>> In other words, Windows is not supported, neither for runtime
>> nor for development.
>> For information, which filesystem do not support ':'?
>>
>> If someone wants to add this support, the fake sysfs could have slightly
>> different names and rightly renamed during compilation.

I just want to edit code in windows and compile in linux,so i want to clone it in windows,but
it's not support.The message in win7 is :
$ git clone http://dpdk.org/git/dpdk
Cloning into 'dpdk'...
remote: Counting objects: 51912, done.
rRemote: Total 51912 (delta 41342), reused 51808 (delta 41eceiving objects: 100%
 (51271)912/519           MiB |
Receiving objects: 100% (51912/51912), 25.99 MiB | 1.99 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (41342/41342), done.
Checking connectivity... done.
fatal: cannot create directory at 'app/test/test_pci_sysfs/bus/pci/devices/0000:
01:00.0': Invalid argument
warning: Clone succeeded, but checkout failed.
You can inspect what was checked out with 'git status'
and retry the checkout with 'git checkout -f HEAD'

If everyone edit codes in linux there is no need to fix it.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] test: failed to clone dpdk source in windows
@ 2016-08-08  4:06         ` Burt Silverman
From: Burt Silverman @ 2016-08-08  4:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linhaifeng; +Cc: Jan Viktorin, Thomas Monjalon, dev

Oddly enough, it seems to work fine under cygwin. That should solve your
issue.