* [dpdk-dev] Mellanox external dependencies...
@ 2017-04-21 18:20 Ananda Sathyanarayana
From: Ananda Sathyanarayana @ 2017-04-21 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi All,

We are using dpdk version 16.04 and have a requirement to verify the MLX4
based adapter card.  Mellanox dpdk driver depends on the external libraries
and kernel modules from mellanox OFED release.

The following link has support for DPDK 16.11 and DPDK 2.2.

http://www.mellanox.com/page/products_dyn?product_family=209&mtag=pmd_for_dpdk

I did not find the mellonox drivers compatible for DPDK 16.04. Could you
please point me to the right version of libibverbs, libmlx4 and Kernel
modules (mlx4_core, mlx4_en, mlx4_ib and ib_uverbs) that can be used with
DPDK 16.04.

Thanks,
Ananda

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Mellanox external dependencies...
@ 2017-04-22 15:13 ` Olga Shern
From: Olga Shern @ 2017-04-22 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ananda Sathyanarayana, dev

Hi Ananda,

> The following link has support for DPDK 16.11 and DPDK 2.2.
>
> http://www.mellanox.com/page/products_dyn?product_family=209&mtag=
> pmd_for_dpdk

[Olga] This link is for MLNX_DPDK releases  that Mellanox maintains on top of dpdk.org versions
We support any version that is released on dpdk.org

> I did not find the mellonox drivers compatible for DPDK 16.04. Could you
> please point me to the right version of libibverbs, libmlx4 and Kernel modules
> (mlx4_core, mlx4_en, mlx4_ib and ib_uverbs) that can be used with DPDK
> 16.04.

[Olga] The instructions for latest DPDK version that was released (17.02)  you can find here:
http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/nics/mlx4.html

for 16.04:
http://dpdk.org/doc/guides-16.04/nics/mlx4.html

We didn’t test 16.04 with latest MLNX_OFED that was released, but for mlx4 there should not be any problem with it.
http://www.mellanox.com/page/software_overview_ib

Let me know if you have any issue.

By the way, what is the reason using 16.04?
16.11 is LTS version in the community, any chance you can use it?

Best Regards,
Olga

Olga Shern
SW Director DPDK