Hi Team, In my dpdk application, I am facing an issue where rte_pktmbuf_alloc() is returning same address for two consecutive calls in a single thread context. Following is the code snippet, int Func(struct rte_mbuf *mblk) { struct rte_mbuf *tmpbuf = nullptr;; struct rte_mbuf *copybuf = nullptr; char *nextPtr = NULL; tmpbuf = rte_pktmbuf_alloc(mbuf_pool); nextPtr = rte_pktmbuf_append(tmpbuf, IPV4_HDR_LEN); //update some info on nextptr copybuf = rte_pktmbuf_copy(mblk, mbuf_pool, 0, pkt_len); .... return 0; } With the above snippet, 'tmpbuf' and 'copybuf' which are getting allocated from same pool (mbuf_pool), pointing to same address, Due to this tmpbuf which gets allocated first, and further populated, is getting over written inside rte_pktmbuf_copy() call which is not expected . When I further debug , rte_pktmbuf_copy() is internally using rte_pktmbuf_alloc() to get the free buffer from mbuf_pool and copy the data from mblk. Please let us know if there is any known issue with rte_pktmbuf_alloc(), and why it may be giving same address on two consecutive calls. Regards, Nagendra