* rte_memcpy alignment
@ 2022-01-14  8:56 Morten Brørup
From: Morten Brørup @ 2022-01-14  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Viktorin, Ruifeng Wang, David Christensen, Bruce Richardson,
	Konstantin Ananyev
  Cc: dev

Dear ARM/POWER/x86 maintainers,

The architecture specific rte_memcpy() provides optimized variants to copy aligned data. However, the alignment requirements depend on the hardware architecture, and there is no common definition for the alignment.

DPDK provides __rte_cache_aligned for cache optimization purposes, with architecture specific values. Would you consider providing an __rte_memcpy_aligned for rte_memcpy() optimization purposes?

Or should I just use __rte_cache_aligned, although it is overkill?

Specifically, I am working on a mempool optimization where the objs field in the rte_mempool_cache structure may benefit by being aligned for optimized rte_memcpy().

Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards,
-Morten Brørup