* [dpdk-dev] Hugepages_rsvd Increasing for DPDK ACL operations
@ 2021-10-19 16:19 Mohakud, Amiya Ranjan
From: Mohakud, Amiya Ranjan @ 2021-10-19 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dpdk-dev; +Cc: Dey, Souvik

HI All,

I'm currently facing an issue with respect to huge pages memory vs ACL Trie operation.

Problem Statement:
I am doing some ACL TRIE build operations and I can see hugepages_rsvd count is increasing and they are not available for use. As a result, the real available/free huge pages reduces over time and at some point, the trie build fails due to insufficient huge pages.

For addition of just 30 ACL rules, 60 huge pages are going to reserved and 11 ( 136-125) huge pages are getting used up.

No Rules:
HugePages_Total:    1234
HugePages_Free:      136
HugePages_Rsvd:        0
HugePages_Surp:        0

with 30 acl rules:
HugePages_Total:    1234
HugePages_Free:      125
HugePages_Rsvd:       60

Could you please help us provide some more insights into it .

  *   Is this the expected behavior and if yes, what is the reason?
  *   Is there any optimization on this area?
  *   How can we know the worst case memory requirement for ACL Trie?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Amiya

Notice: This e-mail together with any attachments may contain information of Ribbon Communications Inc. and its Affiliates that is confidential and/or proprietary for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, disclosure, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and then delete all copies, including any attachments.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-10-19 16:19 UTC | newest]