From: Gilbert Carrillo <gcarrillo@ampex.com>
To: Bruce Richardson <bruce.richardson@intel.com>
Cc: "dev@dpdk.org" <dev@dpdk.org>
Subject: RE: DPDK 22.11 Troubleshooting
Date: Wed, 3 May 2023 16:22:05 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for the response.

There is no errors when I run the makefile, however I do see a difference in the programs. I don't believe the makefile is linking all the libraries together as intended.

For example, when I run the ethtool sample program and compile it using meson, it works fine and rte_eth_dev_count_avail() returns the correct amount. However, when I compile ethtool with the makefile and run it rte_eth_dev_count_avail() returns 0.

pkg-config --path libdpdk returns: /usr/lib64/pkgconfig/libdpdk.pc (I am using Redat 8.7)

V/r,
Name       : Gilbert Carrillo | Software Engineer
Company : Ampex Data Systems
Address    : 26460 Corporate Ave, Ste 200
           Hayward, CA 94545
Office        : +1-650-367-2011
Mobile      : +1-575-312-7477
Website   : ampex.com