Make static returns an error (see attached). v/R, Gilbert -----Original Message----- From: Bruce Richardson Sent: Wednesday, May 3, 2023 10:35 AM To: Gilbert Carrillo Cc: dev@dpdk.org Subject: Re: DPDK 22.11 Troubleshooting On Wed, May 03, 2023 at 04:22:05PM +0000, Gilbert Carrillo wrote: > Hi Bruce, > > Thank you for the response. > > There is no errors when I run the makefile, however I do see a difference in the programs. I don't believe the makefile is linking all the libraries together as intended. > > For example, when I run the ethtool sample program and compile it using meson, it works fine and rte_eth_dev_count_avail() returns the correct amount. However, when I compile ethtool with the makefile and run it rte_eth_dev_count_avail() returns 0. > Note that by default the meson build will statically link the examples, while the makefile will dynamically load the drivers at runtime. That may explain the difference. Can you try building and running using "make static" rather than just "make". /Bruce