From: fengchengwen <fengchengwen@huawei.com>
To: Bruce Richardson <bruce.richardson@intel.com>
Cc: "Pai G, Sunil" <sunil.pai.g@intel.com>,
	Ilya Maximets <i.maximets@ovn.org>,
	Radha Mohan Chintakuntla <radhac@marvell.com>,
	Veerasenareddy Burru <vburru@marvell.com>,
	Gagandeep Singh <g.singh@nxp.com>,
	 Nipun Gupta <nipun.gupta@nxp.com>,
	"Stokes, Ian" <ian.stokes@intel.com>,
	"Hu,  Jiayu" <jiayu.hu@intel.com>,
	"Ferriter, Cian" <cian.ferriter@intel.com>,
	"Van Haaren, Harry" <harry.van.haaren@intel.com>,
	"Maxime Coquelin (maxime.coquelin@redhat.com)"
	<maxime.coquelin@redhat.com>,
	"ovs-dev@openvswitch.org" <ovs-dev@openvswitch.org>,
	"dev@dpdk.org" <dev@dpdk.org>,
	"Mcnamara, John" <john.mcnamara@intel.com>,
	"O'Driscoll, Tim" <tim.odriscoll@intel.com>,
	"Finn, Emma" <emma.finn@intel.com>
Subject: Re: OVS DPDK DMA-Dev library/Design Discussion
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 17:48:35 +0800	[thread overview]

On 2022/5/13 17:10, Bruce Richardson wrote:
> [...]

Yes, our HW will provide the guarantee.
If some HW could not provide, it's driver's and maybe application's duty to provide it.

> Based on that, what do you think should be the guarantee on completion?
> Once a job is completed, the completion is visible to the submitting core,
> or the core reading the completion? Do you think it's acceptable to add a

Both core will visible to it.

> capability flag for drivers to indicate that they do support a "globally
> visible" guarantee?

I think the driver (and with HW) should support "globally visible" guarantee.
And for some HW, even application (or middleware) should care about it.