* Rss hash on mellanox 100G card
@ 2022-01-09 12:20 Yaron Illouz
From: Yaron Illouz @ 2022-01-09 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

I am using Mellanox Technologies MT27800 Family [ConnectX-5], using dpdk 19 with multi rx queue with rss port_conf.rx_adv_conf.rss_conf.rss_hf=(ETH_RSS_IP | ETH_RSS_UDP | ETH_RSS_TCP)

I analyze traffic and need all packet of same session to arrive to the same process ( session for now can be ip+port)

So Packet that have the same ip + port arrive to the same queue.

But If some packet are ip fragmented, packet arrive to different process. It is a problem!

How can i calculate the hash value in the c++ code, like it is done in the card, so i can reassemble packets and send them to the same process like the non fragmented packets?

* Re: Rss hash on mellanox 100G card
@ 2022-01-10 11:01 ` Medvedkin, Vladimir
From: Medvedkin, Vladimir @ 2022-01-10 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yaron Illouz, dev

Hi Yaron,

On 09/01/2022 13:20, Yaron Illouz wrote:
> I am using Mellanox Technologies MT27800 Family [ConnectX-5], using dpdk
> 19 with multi rx queue with rss
> port_conf.rx_adv_conf.rss_conf.rss_hf=(ETH_RSS_IP | ETH_RSS_UDP |
> ETH_RSS_TCP)
>
> I analyze traffic and need all packet of same session to arrive to the
> same process ( session for now can be ip+port)
>
> So Packet that have the same ip + port arrive to the same queue.
>
> But If some packet are ip fragmented, packet arrive to different
> process. It is a problem!
>
> How can i calculate the hash value in the c++ code, like it is done in
> the card, so i can reassemble packets and send them to the same process
> like the non fragmented packets?

I think you need rte_softrss/rte_thash_gfni() , details could be found here:
https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/prog_guide/toeplitz_hash_lib.html

Or as an alternative option you can configure your NIC hash function to
calculate the hash on L3 fields only.

Vladimir