From: Kevin Traynor <ktraynor@redhat.com>
To: Thomas Monjalon <thomas@monjalon.net>,
	David Marchand <david.marchand@redhat.com>
Cc: dev <dev@dpdk.org>, Luca Boccassi <bluca@debian.org>,
	dpdk stable <stable@dpdk.org>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] Backporting rte_intr_ack
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 15:12:33 +0000	[thread overview]

On 19/11/2019 10:40, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> 14/10/2019 17:55, David Marchand:
>> The api rte_intr_ack that has been introduced to fix a race condition
>> observed with (at least) qede drivers/hw.
>> This is an experimental api in master but it still fixes a problem, so
>> I'd like to see this in stable branches.
>
> This is more a driver interface than an API.
>
>> Opinions?
>
> If it comes with a fix in a driver, I think it is worth backporting.

I think fine to backport as it solves an observed problem for qede.
However, a bit reluctant to update all the drivers to use it without
acks from their maintainers.

Discussed with David offline and idea to backport and only update qede
now. Other drivers can be updated if there is a request from
maintainers. How does it sound?