* know more about the LLDP agent
@ 2022-04-28  7:59 xing zhang
From: xing zhang @ 2022-04-28  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ferruh.yigit; +Cc: chas3, shougangx.wang, dev

Dear:
    I am writting to want to know more about the below two patches.

    I see the first patch that stopping the LLDP agent is to avoid diagnostic:  default dcb config fails. err = -53, aq_err = 1. So stop the LLDP agent before we attempt to call i40e_set_dcb_config.

https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/commit/?id=044846f071cc5ca78165360f5788036d09758820

    But, the latest patch stop LLDP agent after we attempt to call i40e_set_dcb_config.
    https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/commit/?id=b1eca6cc8573d162462f240641e43c88255f54a6

    I think there is a contradiction between the two patches. So what is the role of stop lldp agent? If I delete it, what will be the impact?

Look forward to your reply.

[-- Attachment #2: image.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 64923 bytes --]

* Re: know more about the LLDP agent
@ 2022-04-28  9:27 ` Ferruh Yigit
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2022-04-28  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xing zhang, Qi Z Zhang, Beilei Xing; +Cc: chas3, shougangx.wang, dev

On 4/28/2022 8:59 AM, xing zhang wrote:
> Dear:
>      I am writting to want to know more about the below two patches.
>
>      I see the first patch that stopping the LLDP agent is to avoid
> diagnostic:  default dcb config fails. err = -53, aq_err = 1. So stop
> the LLDP agent before we attempt to call i40e_set_dcb_config.
>
> https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/commit/?id=044846f071cc5ca78165360f5788036d09758820
> <https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/commit/?id=044846f071cc5ca78165360f5788036d09758820>
>
>      But, the latest patch stop LLDP agent after we attempt to call
> i40e_set_dcb_config.
> https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/commit/?id=b1eca6cc8573d162462f240641e43c88255f54a6
> <https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/commit/?id=b1eca6cc8573d162462f240641e43c88255f54a6>
>

>      I think there is a contradiction between the two patches. So what
> is the role of stop lldp agent? If I delete it, what will be the impact?
>
> Look forward to your reply.

Hi Xing,

I don't have the answer. Cc'ing Qi and i40e maintainers who can answer
better.