* Get involved
@ 2024-05-28 19:13 Mahmoud Maatouq
From: Mahmoud Maatouq @ 2024-05-28 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hello,
First of all, sorry if this is not the right place for this subject.
I'm trying to get involved and contribute to dpdk, I went through the
contribution page in docs but I think it doesn have enough info, I can see
some bugs reported on BugZilla, the question is
How to get a bug assigned to me?
is there any label/list for "good first issue" kind of bugs.
Regards.

* Re: Get involved
@ 2024-05-31 16:15 ` Ferruh Yigit
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2024-05-31 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mahmoud Maatouq; +Cc: dev, Morten Brørup, Akhil Goyal

On 5/28/2024 8:13 PM, Mahmoud Maatouq wrote:
> Hello,
> First of all, sorry if this is not the right place for this subject.
> I'm trying to get involved and contribute to dpdk, I went through the
> contribution page in docs but I think it doesn have enough info, I can
> see some bugs reported on BugZilla, the question is
> How to get a bug assigned to me?
> is there any label/list for "good first issue" kind of bugs.

Hi Mahmoud,

It is great to hear that you want to contribute, appreciated.

There is a "Nice to have" [1] list, and intention was to have a list for
newcomers too, but as I check the current list not sure how suitable
they are for newcomers.

Bugzilla [2] and Coverity [3] are good starting points.

And I encounter a Bugzilla discussion in mail list, Bug 1448, decision
is not clear yet, but can you please check the bug report if it is
something you would like to work on. Feel free to comment on defect.

Thanks,
ferruh

[1]
https://core.dpdk.org/roadmap/#future