test suite reviews and discussions
* [dts] [announce] DTS 19.11 released
@ 2020-01-14  5:47 Tu, Lijuan
From: Tu, Lijuan @ 2020-01-14  5:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dts

A new major release is available:
	https://git.dpdk.org/tools/dts/snapshot/dts-19.11.tar.xz

There will a big change in dts, please be noticed.

Snice Python 2 is retired by April 2020, dts-20.05 will not support Python 2 but only support Python 3, therefore, please be aware that dts-20.02 is the last version that support Python2.

As an alternative, dts-20.02 will both support Python 2 and Python 3, but because Python 3 is NOT backwards-compatible, we will have master branch to support Python2, and next branch to support Python 3, if you want to move to Python 3 at early stage, you can checkout to next branch.

In short, dts-20.02 will release 2 version, one is for Python2, and the other is for Python 3, dts-20.05 will release one version as usual but only support Python 3. After 20.05, Python 2 is not supported by dts.

Thanks everyone, really appreciate your contributions.

* Re: [dts] [announce] DTS 19.11 released
@ 2020-01-14  8:56 ` Xu, Qian Q
From: Xu, Qian Q @ 2020-01-14  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tu, Lijuan, dts
  Cc: Li, Jokul, Xu, Qian Q, thomas, Yigit, Ferruh, Chen, Zhaoyan,
	O'Hare, Cathal

Congratulations on the DTS release, it's a big DTS milestone to be compatible with DPDK 19.11 LTS!
It contained a huge number of commits and new contributors. Thanks all for the contributions.
Great to see the DTS can benefit DPDK community as the test tool.
If you have any questions or opens about the DTS release details, you can ask it in the mailing list. Thx a lot.