test suite reviews and discussions
 help / color / Atom feed
* [dts] DTS fails to connect with IXIA TCL server(Linux) version 8.5
@ 2020-01-13  4:38 Harsh Jain
  2020-01-14  5:56 ` Tu, Lijuan
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Harsh Jain @ 2020-01-13  4:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dts

We are unable to connect to IXIA TCL server version 8.5 with IxTclHal
package provided in DTS dep folder. While debugging I observed that
DTS is trying to connect to port 4555 but v8.5 TCL is running on port
8022(Linux IXIA version).
Is DTS supports server version 8.5.?
Any idea How I make it work?  I tried changing default port from 4555 to
8022 "Generic/tclServer.tcl:178". It connect, buts fails in later
stage.

Regards
Harsh Jain

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: [dts] DTS fails to connect with IXIA TCL server(Linux) version 8.5
  2020-01-13  4:38 [dts] DTS fails to connect with IXIA TCL server(Linux) version 8.5 Harsh Jain
@ 2020-01-14  5:56 ` Tu, Lijuan
  2020-01-17  7:35   ` Phanendra Vukkisala
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Tu, Lijuan @ 2020-01-14  5:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Harsh Jain, dts

So far we haven't use DTS to connect ixia 8.5, maybe ixia 8.5 have some changes with 8.4. we are not sure about that.

Thanks for your feedback, we will consider it in future.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: dts [mailto:dts-bounces@dpdk.org] On Behalf Of Harsh Jain
> Sent: Monday, January 13, 2020 12:39 PM
> To: dts@dpdk.org
> Subject: [dts] DTS fails to connect with IXIA TCL server(Linux) version 8.5
> 
> We are unable to connect to IXIA TCL server version 8.5 with IxTclHal package
> provided in DTS dep folder. While debugging I observed that DTS is trying to
> connect to port 4555 but v8.5 TCL is running on port 8022(Linux IXIA version).
> Is DTS supports server version 8.5.?
> Any idea How I make it work?  I tried changing default port from 4555 to
> 8022 "Generic/tclServer.tcl:178". It connect, buts fails in later stage.
> 
> Regards
> Harsh Jain

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: [dts] DTS fails to connect with IXIA TCL server(Linux) version 8.5
  2020-01-14  5:56 ` Tu, Lijuan
@ 2020-01-17  7:35   ` Phanendra Vukkisala
  2020-01-17  8:37     ` Tu, Lijuan
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Phanendra Vukkisala @ 2020-01-17  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tu, Lijuan, Harsh Jain, dts

Hi All,

To support Ixia version from and above 8.5, you should create tclclient.tgz which is compatible with 8.5 and replace it in your dep folder.
I have created it long before, I'm not able to recollect the steps. 

Regards,
Phanendra

-----Original Message-----
From: dts <dts-bounces@dpdk.org> On Behalf Of Tu, Lijuan
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 11:27 AM
To: Harsh Jain <harshjain.prof@gmail.com>; dts@dpdk.org
Subject: Re: [dts] DTS fails to connect with IXIA TCL server(Linux) version 8.5

So far we haven't use DTS to connect ixia 8.5, maybe ixia 8.5 have some changes with 8.4. we are not sure about that.

Thanks for your feedback, we will consider it in future.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: dts [mailto:dts-bounces@dpdk.org] On Behalf Of Harsh Jain
> Sent: Monday, January 13, 2020 12:39 PM
> To: dts@dpdk.org
> Subject: [dts] DTS fails to connect with IXIA TCL server(Linux) 
> version 8.5
> 
> We are unable to connect to IXIA TCL server version 8.5 with IxTclHal 
> package provided in DTS dep folder. While debugging I observed that 
> DTS is trying to connect to port 4555 but v8.5 TCL is running on port 8022(Linux IXIA version).
> Is DTS supports server version 8.5.?
> Any idea How I make it work?  I tried changing default port from 4555 
> to
> 8022 "Generic/tclServer.tcl:178". It connect, buts fails in later stage.
> 
> Regards
> Harsh Jain

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: [dts] DTS fails to connect with IXIA TCL server(Linux) version 8.5
  2020-01-17  7:35   ` Phanendra Vukkisala
@ 2020-01-17  8:37     ` Tu, Lijuan
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 4+ messages in thread
From: Tu, Lijuan @ 2020-01-17  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phanendra Vukkisala, Harsh Jain, dts

Thanks for sharing.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Phanendra Vukkisala [mailto:pvukkisala@marvell.com]
> Sent: Friday, January 17, 2020 3:35 PM
> To: Tu, Lijuan <lijuan.tu@intel.com>; Harsh Jain <harshjain.prof@gmail.com>;
> dts@dpdk.org
> Subject: RE: [dts] DTS fails to connect with IXIA TCL server(Linux) version 8.5
> 
> Hi All,
> 
> To support Ixia version from and above 8.5, you should create tclclient.tgz
> which is compatible with 8.5 and replace it in your dep folder.
> I have created it long before, I'm not able to recollect the steps.
> 
> Regards,
> Phanendra
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: dts <dts-bounces@dpdk.org> On Behalf Of Tu, Lijuan
> Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 11:27 AM
> To: Harsh Jain <harshjain.prof@gmail.com>; dts@dpdk.org
> Subject: Re: [dts] DTS fails to connect with IXIA TCL server(Linux) version 8.5
> 
> So far we haven't use DTS to connect ixia 8.5, maybe ixia 8.5 have some
> changes with 8.4. we are not sure about that.
> 
> Thanks for your feedback, we will consider it in future.
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: dts [mailto:dts-bounces@dpdk.org] On Behalf Of Harsh Jain
> > Sent: Monday, January 13, 2020 12:39 PM
> > To: dts@dpdk.org
> > Subject: [dts] DTS fails to connect with IXIA TCL server(Linux)
> > version 8.5
> >
> > We are unable to connect to IXIA TCL server version 8.5 with IxTclHal
> > package provided in DTS dep folder. While debugging I observed that
> > DTS is trying to connect to port 4555 but v8.5 TCL is running on port
> 8022(Linux IXIA version).
> > Is DTS supports server version 8.5.?
> > Any idea How I make it work?  I tried changing default port from 4555
> > to
> > 8022 "Generic/tclServer.tcl:178". It connect, buts fails in later stage.
> >
> > Regards
> > Harsh Jain

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 4+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-01-13  4:38 [dts] DTS fails to connect with IXIA TCL server(Linux) version 8.5 Harsh Jain
2020-01-14  5:56 ` Tu, Lijuan
2020-01-17  7:35   ` Phanendra Vukkisala
2020-01-17  8:37     ` Tu, Lijuan

test suite reviews and discussions

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror http://inbox.dpdk.org/dts/0 dts/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 dts dts/ http://inbox.dpdk.org/dts \
		dts@dpdk.org
	public-inbox-index dts


Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.dpdk.org/inbox.dpdk.dts


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox