test suite reviews and discussions
From: David Liu <dliu@iol.unh.edu>
To: dpdk-dev <dev@dpdk.org>, dts@dpdk.org
Cc: Lincoln Lavoie <lylavoie@iol.unh.edu>,
	David Liu <dliu@iol.unh.edu>,
	 David Marchand <david.marchand@redhat.com>,
	Thomas Monjalon <thomas@monjalon.net>,
	 Ferruh Yigit <ferruh.yigit@intel.com>,
	Andrew Rybchenko <arybchenko@solarflare.com>,
	 Ori Kam <orika@mellanox.com>,
	Ciara Power <ciara.power@intel.com>,
	 Ivan Ilchenko <ivan.ilchenko@oktetlabs.ru>,
	Hemant Agrawal <hemant.agrawal@nxp.com>,
	 Stephen Hemminger <stephen@networkplumber.org>,
	Raslan Darawsheh <rasland@mellanox.com>
Subject: [dts] RSS Key Update Feature
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 17:07:20 -0400	[thread overview]

Hello all,

I will be implementing a test in DTS for RSS Key Update.
http://doc.dpdk.org/guides/nics/features.html#rss-key-update

To my understanding, this feature will test the ability to configure the
hash key of the ports. If that is incorrect, please let me know.

Configure the port RSS hash key in testpmd and check if the new key will be
kept. Test configure the hash key that is longer than the max length and
shorter than the max length.

Then start sending in packets with different source and destination IP
addresses. Ensure the ports are still able to calculate the hash value from
the incoming packets.

Please let me know if there is anything else need to be tested,

Thanks,
David Liu
UNH Interoperability Lab