test suite reviews and discussions
* Community CI Meeting Minutes - November 9, 2023
@ 2023-11-09 14:59 Patrick Robb
From: Patrick Robb @ 2023-11-09 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ci; +Cc: dts

November 9, 2023

Attendees
1. Patrick Robb
2. Lincoln Lavoie
3. Paul Szczepanek
4. Juraj Linkes

Agenda
1. General Announcements
2. CI Status
3. DTS Improvements & Test Development
4. Any other business

Minutes

General Announcements
* The 2023 retrospective was overviewed with the tech board, and we began
overviewing the 2024 work item voting sheet. Aaron may schedule a follow up
as we didn’t finish going through the whole list and some tech board
members were unavailable. The retrospective is here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Gxro7ga2Ml_DKAKeGrOcb2VxkkcUrU8DVkeAv28i0R8/edit?usp=sharing
* And the 2024 work items voting sheet is here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DL1t_h-JOz1tTcO7hc8EpJnUQsHyj8YxJqx-JxrvKz0/edit?usp=sharing
* The governing board is also considering extending the Community Lab SOW
to add 1-2 additional DTS developers to the team. This has been overviewed
at a couple tech board/ gov board meetings in the past weeks, and gov board
is doing a vote on the proposal today.
* Based on our conversation from the previous CI meeting, I’m scheduling a
DTS meeting on Wednesday November 15th at 10AM EST
   * If this ends up working broadly across the DTS group we should make it
regular so there is better communication between UNH people, ARM people,
others

CI Status

UNH-IOL Community Lab
* Intel server donation was approved through their business office, and now
UNH is processing the paperwork
* We submitted our first tsfactory ethdev testsuite results to Oktet Lab’s
bublik instance using an Intel XL710 NIC on an x86 server. The initial
results showed 91% of testcases passing.
https://ts-factory.io/bublik/v2/runs
   * There is remaining work for publishing our results and setting up the
automation
* Marvell Octeon board: We have ordered the hardware to pair with this
board, and I am having a call with Hiral from Marvell on Monday to discuss
the next steps.
* Tyler R from Microsoft requested that we add an additional build node to
the Community Lab. The idea is to run builds from the “Developer Command
Prompt for Visual Studio 2022, using MSVC compiler” The original Windows
build node for mingw64 and Clang-LLVM are not getting retired, those will
continue to run.
   * System is Microsoft Server 2022
   * Will update Visual Studio Preview frequently to get “bleeding edge”
compiler
   * Tyler has approved this from the manual runs, so we’re just writing
the automation script now

Intel Lab
* None

Loongarch Lab
* None

Github Actions
* Aaron did submit a patchseries for dpdk-ci adding in patch retest parsing
capabilities for one of the scripts used by the robot
   * He cannot use the patchwork /events endpoint because he wants to run
it on other projects which are using patchwork 1.0
* Robot has some short downtime coming up as RH moves some servers from the
Westford office to a new location.

DTS Improvements & Test Development
* Scatter: Jeremy’s rewrite of the testsuite in the new DTS framework is
working.
   * Jeremy submitted a patch which simply ensures the SUT is bound
properly (according to the conf.yaml os_driver_for_dpdk), which his scatter
patch depends-on
   * The scatter patch is functional and should be submitted later today
* V6 submitted for the doc api patch, Patrick and Jeremy should review
   * Python docstrings changes should be merged as soon as possible, but
meson build system updates can be updated later
   * We should maintain the style of the google docstrings
* We will start having regular meetings for DTS on Wednesdays (off week of
ci meetings)
* Luca has been looking through the docs, making some notes, submitting
patches in the upcoming 24.03 development cycle (hope to improve the out of
box experience for developers)