DPDK community structure changes
From: Matthew Hall <mhall@mhcomputing.net>
To: "Mcnamara, John" <john.mcnamara@intel.com>
Cc: "dev@dpdk.org" <dev@dpdk.org>, "moving@dpdk.org" <moving@dpdk.org>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-moving] [dpdk-dev] Proposal for a new Committer model
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 22:00:27 -0800

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 09:20:50AM +0000, Mcnamara, John wrote:
> One committer to master represents a single point of failure and at times can be inefficient.

I have a lot more issues because of slow or inconclusive review of patches
than I do because of committers. Often times they just get rejected in
Patchwork with no feedback. Or it takes forever to get reviews.

I don't think the committer is the right place to point to the single point of
failure.

Matthew.