DPDK community structure changes
From: "O'Driscoll, Tim" <tim.odriscoll@intel.com>
To: "techboard@dpdk.org" <techboard@dpdk.org>
Cc: "moving@dpdk.org" <moving@dpdk.org>
Subject: [dpdk-moving] Review/Update Tech Board Membership
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 16:41:33 +0000	[thread overview]

At our last 2 meetings on moving DPDK to the Linux Foundation, a concern has been raised that the Tech Board was created over a year ago and may not accurately represent current contributors and architectures. We agreed at yesterday's call that it was a good idea to review the composition of the Tech Board and make any updates that may be required.

We discussed the process for doing this at yesterday's call but didn't reach a conclusion on this. We've consistently agreed that we want to avoid any political interference in the composition and operation of the Tech Board, so I think the decision on the best way to review/update membership should be made by the current board. You may decide to do this via nominations, by defining a voting process or via some other mechanism. The current project charter says that new members must be nominated by an existing Tech Board member and must be approved by a majority of the board, but that text can be changed if you decide on a different process.

It would be good to get an update on this on behalf of the Tech Board at one of our meetings in Jan.

Tim