DPDK community structure changes
* [dpdk-moving] Minutes from "Moving DPDK to Linux Foundation" call, March 28th
@ 2017-03-29 15:07 O'Driscoll, Tim
From: O'Driscoll, Tim @ 2017-03-29 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: moving

Here are my notes from yesterday's call. Please feel free to correct any errors or to add additional details.

Firstly, here are some links to help keep track of things:
Participation Agreement (includes Project Charter): http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/moving/2017-March/000195.html
Budget estimate: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-3686Xb_jf4FtxdX8Mus9UwIxUb2vI_ppmJV5GnXcLg/edit#gid=302618256
Reference Lab Proposal: http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/moving/2017-February/000177.html
Technical governance, including info on Maintainers and sub-trees: http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/contributing/index.html
& http://dpdk.org/dev.
Summary of discussion at Userspace event in Dublin: http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2016-October/049259.html
Summary slides on transition to LF: http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/moving/2017-March/000190.html
Minutes of February 7th call: http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/moving/2017-February/000179.html
Minutes of February 14th call: http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/moving/2017-February/000180.html
Minutes of February 28th call: http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/moving/2017-March/000186.html
Minutes of March 7th call: http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/moving/2017-March/000192.html

Participation Agreements:
- Reminder to return completed Participation Agreements to The Linux Foundation ASAP. If you're still working on this, please let Mike Dolan know so that he's expecting it.
- There was a question on the purpose of the Associate membership level. It's intended to allow universities and non-profit organisations to join at zero cost. The only benefit to the Associate level is being publicly associated with the project.

Project Launch:
- Briefly discussed plans for launch at ONS. The announcement will be made in Jim Zemlin's keynote on Monday April 3rd, with the press release set to go out at the same time.
- Agreed that we should post the charter on the website. Thomas can do this, but we need Mike to confirm if the version in google docs is the final version.
- We should also add and LF logo/banner to the website. Again, Thomas can do this if someone from the LF can provide some guidance.
- Discussed the deadline for gold member quotes for the press release. Zibby has subsequently followed up with gold members to communicate this.

Future meetings:
- We won't have these meetings in future. After the launch, we need to put the Governing Board in place ASAP with regular scheduled GB meetings.
- The Governing Board will need to determine the election process for Silver member reps.
- The Tech Board will use their rotating chair as their rep on the Governing Board.
- We can create a new governing board mailing list once membership is known.

T-Shirts:
- We need "We moved DPDK to the LF" t-shirts at our next big DPDK event!

Thanks to everybody who contributed to the process of moving DPDK to the Linux Foundation. This should help to position the project for future growth. We're all looking forward to a successful launch at ONS next week!