DPDK community structure changes
From: Dave Neary <dneary@redhat.com>
To: "O'Driscoll, Tim" <tim.odriscoll@intel.com>,
	Kevin Traynor <ktraynor@redhat.com>,
	"moving@dpdk.org" <moving@dpdk.org>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-moving] Minutes from "Moving DPDK to Linux Foundation" call, December 20th
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 08:04:15 -0500

Hi,

On 12/21/2016 10:55 AM, O'Driscoll, Tim wrote:
> 4. Membership:
> - Ed's guidance from FD.io was that the process of recruiting members could take up to 6 months. We have done a lot of prep work during these meetings so we hope to do it faster than this and will target 3 months. This would allow for a project launch in Q2. We'll use our first meeting in Jan to work out the next steps on this.
> - Potential member companies should make sure that their decision-makers for joining and funding DPDK are aware of these discussions and of the status of the charter doc.

It seems that if the review of the technical governance is now complete,
and the DPDK developer community (and in particular the current
technical board) is OK with any changes proposed, the biggest remaining
item will be the budget proposal and setting of membership fees.

Do we have some updated material from the Linux Foundation as a starting
point for that discussion?

Thanks,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - NFV/SDN Community Strategy
Ph: +1-978-399-2182 / Cell: +1-978-799-3338