Question... are you only pricing for *one* rack? I ask, because *one* rack can fill pretty quick... Ed On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 9:16 AM, O'Driscoll, Tim wrote: > > From: Wiles, Keith > > > > Sent from my iPhone > > > > > On Jan 25, 2017, at 4:57 AM, O'Driscoll, Tim > > wrote: > > > > > > > > > Membership costs: > > > - Discussed potential membership costs. My proposal was ~$50-100k for > > Gold, ~$5-$20k for Silver. Most agreed that this was a good starting > > point for discussions. > > > > I thought we were trending toward the higher $100k range as the lab was > > going cost a fair bit am I wrong here? > > The membership rates we decide on will need to strike a balance between > raising budget and having a broad membership that's representative of the > breadth of DPDK contributions/usage. If we choose a high figure it will > limit the number of companies prepared to join. If we choose too low a > number then we won't maximize our budget. We need to strike a balance > between the two. > > The next step we agreed was for Mike to identify who's interested in > membership (he's already posted on the moving list asking for contacts) and > begin to have individual discussions with them. Feedback on membership > rates from these discussions will help us to make a final decision. > > I think we need to be careful on lab costs. Some high figures have been > mentioned based on FD.io, but from the beginning of these discussions we've > agreed that we want a smaller scope and lower cost level for DPDK. Rough > estimate for a full rack with a part time sys admin and a part time release > engineer is ~$200k/year. > > We also discussed yesterday whether lab costs should be fully accounted > for in the Gold membership fee, or if they should be handled separately. > Mike will also ask about interest in the lab as part of his discussions > which will help us to reach a conclusion on this. >