* [spp] [PATCH] version: 18.08.4
@ 2019-09-30 18:58 Yasufumi Ogawa
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Yasufumi Ogawa @ 2019-09-30 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: spp, ferruh.yigit, yasufum.o
This patch is to update SPP to v18.08.4.
* Fix bug for deleting vhost PMD in spp_nfv.
* Add REST APIs for adding and deleting ports from primary process.
* Add `bin/startup.sh` to start spp-ctl, CLI and spp_primary for quick
start. Options for processes are defined in `bin/config.sh`.
* Update managing devices given with `--vdev` because mechanism of
sharing vdevs between primary and secondary is changed in DPDK.
* Fix assigning wrong master lcore in which it is always assigned 0
if it is given other than 0.
* Fix wrong finalization if rte_eal_init() is failed.
* Change SPP_RET_OK and SPP_RET_NG to SPPWK_RET_OK and SPPWK_RET_NG
because it is only used in secondary worker processes.
* Disable to launch secondary processes with the same IDs wrongly.
* Rename directory `controller` to `cli`, and label name in git log,
because it should be distinguished from spp-ctl.
* For testing behaviours of spp_primary, enable to add arbitrary vdevs
and add `--dry-run` option.
$ bin/start.sh --dry-run
* Fix compile error of spp_pcap in SPP container.
* Refactor spp_vf, spp_mirror and spp_pcap to reduce duplicated
definitions and files.
* Add config option for SPP CLI to specify any of config file.
$ python3 src/spp.py --config /path/to/your/config.yml
* Add validation for config command to check given value.
* Update `topo` command.
- Add supported types of secondary processes other than spp_nfv.
- Add supported port types for spp_pcap.
- remove `topo_resize` because it is changed to be set from `config`
- Revise placeholder for styles.
- Several bug fixes.
* Add blacklist and whitelist options for SPP container.
* Add app containers for `l3fwd-acl` and `suricata`. For suricata,
it is also added a build script for.
-  https://github.com/vipinpv85/DPDK_SURICATA-4_1_1
* Add recipes for testing usecases described in docs.
* Revise ringlatencystats, but still remained some problems for
compiling in some environments. It is a TODO should be fixed in
* Fix many TODOs.
* And many misc updates for improving usability and maintainability.
* Update documentation for above changes.
Signed-off-by: Yasufumi Ogawa <email@example.com>
GNUmakefile | 2 +-
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)
diff --git a/GNUmakefile b/GNUmakefile
index 09e638f..e262c87 100644
@@ -1,7 +1,7 @@
# SPDX-License-Identifier: BSD-3-Clause
# Copyright(c) 2018 Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation
-VERSION := 18.08.3
+VERSION := 18.08.4
# Default target, can be overriden by command line or environment
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, back to index
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2019-09-30 18:58 [spp] [PATCH] version: 18.08.4 Yasufumi Ogawa
Soft Patch Panel
Archives are clonable:
git clone --mirror http://inbox.dpdk.org/spp/0 spp/git/0.git
# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
public-inbox-init -V2 spp spp/ http://inbox.dpdk.org/spp \
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox