Soft Patch Panel
* [spp] Remove spp_vm from SPP
@ 2018-12-25  9:24 Yasufumi Ogawa
From: Yasufumi Ogawa @ 2018-12-25  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spp

Hi,

Spp_vm is a secondary process running on a Virtual Machine as spp_nfv. It was originally introduced for connecting between DPDK
app running inside the VM and host with ring interfaces. It means that spp_vm communicate with host processes via IVSHMEM.
However, IVSHMEM support in DPDK is suspended because of issues of mentainance, and it does not seem to be resumed.

Spp_vm is still able to be used to connect between apps in the VM, but it is almost the same as launching spp_primary and
spp_nfv on the VM. Thanks for multi-node support recently introduced to SPP, we can manage several SPP nodes from one CLI
terminal. It is time to remove spp_vm from SPP.

I would like to update SPP to remove spp_vm.

Thanks,
Yasufumi

--
Yasufumi Ogawa
NTT Network Service Systems Labs

only message in thread, other threads:[~2018-12-25  9:27 UTC | newest]