Soft Patch Panel
* [spp] Update SPP for DPDK v17.11
@ 2017-11-30 11:31 Yasufumi Ogawa
From: Yasufumi Ogawa @ 2017-11-30 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spp, ferruh.yigit; +Cc: gerald.rogers, sy.jong.choi

Hi Ferruh,

Recently I found that make of SPP with DPDK v17.11 is failed because
port_id is updated to uint16_t in this release. I think I have to update
SPP to fix the problem.

First, I would like to send a patch of Makefile to show compatibility
with DPDK v17.08 with current SPP, then start to create patches for
updating SPP to v17.11.

Could you create a tag 'v17.08' after Makefile is updated? Or, I would
like to do it if it is possible to make a change on SPP's repository.

Thanks,
Yasufumi

--
Yasufumi Ogawa
NTT Network Service Systems Labs

* Re: [spp] Update SPP for DPDK v17.11
@ 2017-11-30 19:54 ` Ferruh Yigit
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2017-11-30 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yasufumi Ogawa, spp; +Cc: gerald.rogers, sy.jong.choi

On 11/30/2017 3:31 AM, Yasufumi Ogawa wrote:
> Hi Ferruh,
>
> Recently I found that make of SPP with DPDK v17.11 is failed because
> port_id is updated to uint16_t in this release. I think I have to update
> SPP to fix the problem.
>
> First, I would like to send a patch of Makefile to show compatibility
> with DPDK v17.08 with current SPP, then start to create patches for
> updating SPP to v17.11.
>
> Could you create a tag 'v17.08' after Makefile is updated? Or, I would
> like to do it if it is possible to make a change on SPP's repository.

Thanks Yasufumi,

I will get the patch and put tag for v17.08 promptly.

And thanks for taking care of v17.11 fix.

@ 2017-12-06  8:15   ` Yasufumi Ogawa
From: Yasufumi Ogawa @ 2017-12-06  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ferruh Yigit, spp; +Cc: gerald.rogers, sy.jong.choi

Hi Ferruh,

Thank you kindly for responding my request. I send patches for updating
to v17.11.

Thanks