patches for DPDK stable branches
* [dpdk-stable] filenames of DPDK stable packages
@ 2018-07-17 13:34 Richardson, Bruce
From: Richardson, Bruce @ 2018-07-17 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stable

Hi all,

looking to update the DPDK port in FreeBSD and was going to use the stable LTS trees rather than bleeding edge, but it proved more difficult than I would like because of filenames. The regular DPDK releases all use standard names, where "dpdk-x.y.tar.gz" unzips to a folder called "dpdk-x.y". However, for the stable releases like "dpdk-17.11.3.tar.gz", they unzip to a folder called "dpdk-stable-17.11.3" - i.e. the package name and unzipped names do not match. This is obviously something that can be worked around, but it's a bit of a pain.

Therefore a small ask - can we please provide a package for stable releases where the standard naming convention is used. I quite like having the "dpdk-stable" in the name, so perhaps as well as the regular tarball, could we also have a copy on the server called e.g. "dpdk-stable-17.11.3.tar.gz"?

Thanks,
/Bruce