patches for DPDK stable branches
From: Yuanhan Liu <yuanhan.liu@linux.intel.com>
To: Christian Ehrhardt <christian.ehrhardt@canonical.com>
Cc: stable@dpdk.org
Subject: Re: [dpdk-stable] Reviewing currently queued patches
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 19:54:11 +0800	[thread overview]

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 01:37:02PM +0200, Christian Ehrhardt wrote:
> Thanks,
> I think I'm good for now.

Great!

> One more thing - since they are all "0001" from the format patch that id is
> rather meaningless.

Yes, but they are just local in my system. You won't see that in the
email notification.

> Having the 8 char original patch hash there would make that list awesome.
> For a super bonus it could be abcdef12-fixes-21fedcba-text-title.patch

Again, it's just a local list. I don't think it matter how it looks like.
Besides that, one patch could have serveal fixlines, in such case,
abcdef12-fixes-21fedcba-31fedcba-... would be ugly, don't you think?

The final list sent out for review would be basically a run of "git shortlog",
something like:

    ---
    Alejandro Lucero (1):
          net/nfp: fix copying MAC address

    Aleksey Katargin (1):
          table: fix symbol exports

    Alex Zelezniak (1):
          net/ixgbe: fix VF reset to apply to correct VF

    Ali Volkan Atli (1):
          net/e1000: fix returned number of available Rx descriptors

    Arek Kusztal (1):
          app/test: fix verification of digest for GCM

    Beilei Xing (2):
          net/i40e: fix dropping packets with ethertype 0x88A8
          net/i40e: fix parsing QinQ packets type

    Bruce Richardson (1):
          net/mlx: fix debug build with gcc 6.1

    Christian Ehrhardt (1):
          examples/ip_pipeline: fix Python interpreter

    Deepak Kumar Jain (2):
          crypto/null: fix key size increment value
          crypto/qat: fix FreeBSD build

    Dror Birkman (1):
          net/pcap: fix memory leak in jumbo frames

    Ferruh Yigit (2):
          app/testpmd: fix help of MTU set commmand
          pmdinfogen: fix clang build

    Gary Mussar (1):
          tools: fix virtio interface name when binding

    Gowrishankar Muthukrishnan (1):
          examples/ip_pipeline: fix lcore mapping for ppc64

    Hiroyuki Mikita (1):
          sched: fix releasing enqueued packets

    James Poole (1):
          app/testpmd: fix timeout in Rx queue flushing

    Jianfeng Tan (3):
          net/virtio_user: fix first queue pair without multiqueue
          net/virtio_user: fix wrong sequence of messages
          net/virtio_user: fix error management during init

    Jim Harris (1):
          contigmem: zero all pages during mmap

    John Daley (1):
          net/enic: fix bad L4 checksum flag on ICMP packets

    Karmarkar Suyash (1):
          timer: fix lag delay

    Maciej Czekaj (1):
          mem: fix crash on hugepage mapping error

    Nelson Escobar (1):
          net/enic: fix freeing memory for descriptor ring

    Olivier Matz (4):
          app/testpmd: fix crash when mempool allocation fails
          tools: fix json output of pmdinfo
          mbuf: fix error handling on pool creation
          mem: fix build with -O1

    Pablo de Lara (3):
          hash: fix ring size
          hash: fix false zero signature key hit lookup
          crypto: fix build with icc

    Qi Zhang (1):
          net/i40e/base: fix UDP packet header

    Rich Lane (1):
          net/i40e: fix null pointer dereferences when using VMDq+RSS

    Weiliang Luo (1):
          mempool: fix corruption due to invalid handler

    Xiao Wang (5):
          net/fm10k: fix MAC address removal from switch
          net/ixgbe/base: fix pointer check
          net/ixgbe/base: fix check for NACK
          net/ixgbe/base: fix possible corruption of shadow RAM
          net/ixgbe/base: fix skipping PHY config

    Yangchao Zhou (1):
          pci: fix memory leak when detaching device

    Yury Kylulin (2):
          net/ixgbe: fix mbuf leak during Rx queue release
          net/i40e: fix mbuf leak during Rx queue release

    Zhiyong Yang (1):
          net/virtio: fix xstats name

It still doesn't include the commit info though.

> But if not things are fine as well.
>
> On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 12:56 PM, Yuanhan Liu <yuanhan.liu@linux.intel.com>
> wrote:
>
>     Please shut if you find something