patches for DPDK stable branches
* [dpdk-stable] Git branch/tag for DPDK 19.11.0 LTS
@ 2020-02-11 12:26 Pankaj Darak
From: Pankaj Darak @ 2020-02-11 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stable

Hi,

Is DPDK 19.11.0 being maintained as LTS?
If so, when the Git branch/tag for dpdk-stable-19.11.0 will be available on https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk-stable/?
If not, can you let me know which DPDK version is preferred to choose for LTS?

Regards,
Pankaj

* Re: [dpdk-stable] Git branch/tag for DPDK 19.11.0 LTS
@ 2020-02-12 19:22 ` Kevin Traynor
From: Kevin Traynor @ 2020-02-12 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pankaj Darak, stable; +Cc: Luca Boccassi

On 11/02/2020 12:26, Pankaj Darak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is DPDK 19.11.0 being maintained as LTS?

Yes, Luca (cc) is the maintainer.

> If so, when the Git branch/tag for dpdk-stable-19.11.0 will be available on https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk-stable/?

fyi -
http://inbox.dpdk.org/stable/31aed464aa917104b0a57c6a32870e67a15a60ba.camel@gmail.com/

> If not, can you let me know which DPDK version is preferred to choose for LTS?

You can see the LTS's and their lifecycles here,
http://core.dpdk.org/roadmap/#stable

You have a choice of 18.11 or 19.11. Unless you have some specific
reason to pick 18.11, then 19.11 would be best as it will be maintained
for longer into the future.