* QoS Schedule sample app: question about latency
@ 2024-07-31 22:29 Long Le
From: Long Le @ 2024-07-31 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users, dev

Hello, I am testing the QoS Schedule sample app with a traffic generator and I notice that the latency of high priority traffic class (TC 0, for example) increases when the load of the NIC increase. With that being said, may I ask is there anyway to maintain the latency of high priority traffic low, when still have high throughput on other traffic classes?

For more information, I am testing the QoS app with 512 streams generated from a traffic generator (16 queues x 32 pipes), the traffic of TC 0, pipe 0 is generated with low packet rate, all other streams are at high packet rate, 100% line rate is used in total.

My expectation is:

Pipe 0:

tc 0:       low rate --> low latency

tc 1:       high rate --> high latency