* [dpdk-users] packet guarantees
       [not found] <1244673500.4551165.1578244320267.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2020-01-05 17:12 ` amit sehas
From: amit sehas @ 2020-01-05 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Does dpdk guarantee ordered delivery of packets?  Does the application have to implement retry mechanism?I would imagine that without a retry mechanism, it might be difficult for dpdk to implement ordering,which would seem to suggest that it does not guarantee ordered delivery of packets.
If dpdk does not guarantee order, I would think that it could lead to performance degradation in the applicationswhen they keep requesting older data which was out of order or dropped … in order to avoid that the applicationwould have to build packet reordering and retry mechanism ...
any help is appreciated ...thanks-Amit