* [dpdk-users] Redundant struct ether_addr
@ 2019-09-25 20:06 Tran (US), Katherine K
From: Tran (US), Katherine K @ 2019-09-25 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hello,

I am running into an issue of a redundant struct name. Apparently, 'struct ether_addr' is redefined in DPDK (rte_ether.h). The previous definition of ether_addr is from one of the included core network API files (netinet/if_ether.h).

How should I proceed with this compile error? Shouldn't DPDK have its own userspace?

Regards,
Katherine

* Re: [dpdk-users] Redundant struct ether_addr
@ 2019-09-25 20:22 ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2019-09-25 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tran (US), Katherine K; +Cc: users

On Wed, 25 Sep 2019 20:06:43 +0000
"Tran (US), Katherine K" <katherine.k.tran@boeing.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am running into an issue of a redundant struct name. Apparently, 'struct ether_addr' is redefined in DPDK (rte_ether.h). The previous definition of ether_addr is from one of the included core network API files (netinet/if_ether.h).
>
> How should I proceed with this compile error? Shouldn't DPDK have its own userspace?
>
> Regards,
> Katherine

Already fixed in 19.08.
With earlier versions of DPDK, it is possible to cross headers since the binary layout
is the same but it requires lots of unnecessary pain.

* Re: [dpdk-users] Redundant struct ether_addr
@ 2019-09-25 20:31   ` Tran (US), Katherine K
From: Tran (US), Katherine K @ 2019-09-25 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Hemminger; +Cc: users

My linux machine is using Ubuntu 18.04.1 which has the dpdk version 17.11.6. Since I am using dpdk as a API library,  I would like to use 'apt-get' to install dpdk. I would like to avoid downloading the entire DPDK source code.

Is there a PPA for me to update the dpdk version?