* [dpdk-users] af_packet and igb driver
@ 2019-06-11  9:03 Stéphane Ancelot
From: Stéphane Ancelot @ 2019-06-11  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,

i would like to clarify the usage of af_packet driver. I want to
read/send raw packets having the best response times.

A/ I am using AF_packet poll mode driver using a tap interface linked to
the native linux igb driver

or

B/ I am using AF_PACKET poll mode driver using a tap interface linked to
the ugb_uio pmd driver ?

or

C/ I am using AF_PACKET socket using interface linked to the ugb_uio pmd
driver ?

which one of A,B,C ?

* Re: [dpdk-users] af_packet and igb driver
@ 2019-06-11 14:28 ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2019-06-11 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stéphane Ancelot; +Cc: users

On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 11:03:43 +0200
Stéphane Ancelot <sancelot@numalliance.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i would like to clarify the usage of af_packet driver. I want to
> read/send raw packets having the best response times.
>
> A/ I am using AF_packet poll mode driver using a tap interface linked to
> the native linux igb driver
>
> or
>
> B/ I am using AF_PACKET poll mode driver using a tap interface linked to
> the ugb_uio pmd driver ?
>
> or
>
> C/ I am using AF_PACKET socket using interface linked to the ugb_uio pmd
> driver ?
>
> which one of A,B,C ?

Use XDP?