* [dpdk-users] DPDK question
@ 2019-07-29  7:52 Geen Tseng 曾昱杰
From: Geen Tseng 曾昱杰 @ 2019-07-29  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users; +Cc: Chester Chen 陳志霖

Hi Sir

One question.

Is there a chance to achieve DPDK performance

if we use NIC not in DPDK support driver list

Thanks

World Peace Industrial Co., Ltd.
Geen Tseng
Office: 2788-5200 #86571
Email : geen.tseng@wpi-group.com

* Re: [dpdk-users] DPDK question
@ 2019-07-30 15:27 ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2019-07-30 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Geen Tseng 曾昱杰
  Cc: users, Chester Chen 陳志霖

On Mon, 29 Jul 2019 07:52:29 +0000
Geen Tseng 曾昱杰 <Geen.Tseng@wpi-group.com> wrote:

> Hi Sir
>
> One question.
>
> Is there a chance to achieve DPDK performance
>

> if we use NIC not in DPDK support driver list
>
> Thanks
>
> World Peace Industrial Co., Ltd.
> Geen Tseng
> Office: 2788-5200 #86571
> Email : geen.tseng@wpi-group.com

Most ways of interacting with network without driver support are
slower than native kernel networking. AF_XDP has promise of being
faster but it still uses more CPU than native DPDK driver.