* [dpdk-users] unable to install netuio
@ 2020-08-17  0:47 谢先生
From: 谢先生 @ 2020-08-17  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

I am a newbie and  I am learning to install netuio on windows server 2016
with x710.

I have compiled the netuio successfully but I cannot install it on the
windows server 2016.
       I debug it with a debugview, and find this error:
status = WdfFdoQueryForInterface(device, &GUID_BUS_INTERFACE_STANDARD,

(PINTERFACE)&netuio_contextdata->bus_interface,
                                    sizeof(BUS_INTERFACE_STANDARD), 1,
NULL);
this function returns the status value with c00000bb. I don't know what
caused it and how to resolve it .Can somebody help me with this
error?thanks !

* Re: [dpdk-users] unable to install netuio
@ 2020-08-17  6:17 ` Dmitry Kozlyuk
From: Dmitry Kozlyuk @ 2020-08-17  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 谢先生; +Cc: users

Hi,

> I have compiled the netuio successfully but I cannot install it on the
> windows server 2016.
>
>        I debug it with a debugview, and find this error:
> status = WdfFdoQueryForInterface(device, &GUID_BUS_INTERFACE_STANDARD,
>
> (PINTERFACE)&netuio_contextdata->bus_interface,
>                                     sizeof(BUS_INTERFACE_STANDARD), 1,
> NULL);
> this function returns the status value with c00000bb.

Which exact versions of netuio and Windows Server are you using?

* Re: [dpdk-users] unable to install netuio
@ 2020-08-18  6:19   ` Dmitry Kozlyuk
From: Dmitry Kozlyuk @ 2020-08-18  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 谢先生; +Cc: users

Cc: got dropped in the middle, forwarding.

On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 08:54:31 +0800, 谢先生 wrote:
> The newest netuio which updated 2020-08-10 and also i have tried netuio in "
> dpdk-draft-windows-18.08-clang.zip
> <http://git.dpdk.org/draft/dpdk-draft-windows/snapshot/dpdk-draft-windows-18.08-clang.zip>
> " .

OK, this is the latest version. Note that it's being moved to "dpdk-kmods".

> windows server 2016 with netcard XL710 .

Please provide exact version, i.e. "ver" output from cmd.
Note that upstream DPDK requires Windows Server 2019 for advanced memory
management.

> and i can install  vir2phys which i do not know  what this is for.
> the "getting started guide for windows" seems has outdated .

Windows DPDK development has moved to "dpdk" repo. There you can find
documentation regarding virt2phys and latest changes. Windows port is still
on its early stages, though.

* Re: [dpdk-users] unable to install netuio
@ 2020-08-19  0:40     ` 谢先生
From: 谢先生 @ 2020-08-19  0:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitry Kozlyuk; +Cc: users

thanks for reply.  the windows server 2016 version is 10.0.14393.

Dmitry Kozlyuk <dmitry.kozliuk@gmail.com> 于2020年8月18日周二 下午2:19写道: