From: Stephen Hemminger <stephen@networkplumber.org>
To: Antonio Di Bacco <antonio.di-bacco@keysight.com>
Cc: "users@dpdk.org" <users@dpdk.org>
Subject: Re: Accessing TLS for EAL threads
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 08:26:37 -0800

On Tue, 16 Nov 2021 17:38:43 +0000
Antonio Di Bacco <antonio.di-bacco@keysight.com> wrote:

> I need to emulate the pthread_setspecific and pthread_getspecific for EAL threads. I don't find any suitable APIs in the DPDK to access the TLS and get and set keys.
>
> I launched a number of threads using the rte_eal_remote launch but I don't find any API that allows me to access the TLS for those threads.

There is not an API for a thread to access another threads local storage directly.
The DPDK TLS is wrapper around the glibc (and Windows) implementation of TLS.

For particular data structures, you can create a global data structure that is an
array of pointers indexed by lcore, and each lcore fills in itself.

Or do a more complex API via message passing.