* how to enable lib_pdump?
@ 2022-01-18 18:42 Jon Ross
From: Jon Ross @ 2022-01-18 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

dpdk-dumpcap works fine w/ dpdk-testpmd running, but I can't get it to
work while my app is running.

The docs say to do it the way testmpd does it. But testpmd does...
everything? It's hard to tell what's needed to get capture working.

The only reference to anything related to lib_pdump in testpmd is the
call to rte_pdump_init(). But adding this call seems to have no
effect.

Just to make sure "it's not me" I added the call to the
examples/skeleton app, and dpdk-dumpcap will not run w/ the modified
sample app. So it seems like it's more than just calling
rte_pdump_init(). Can anyone shed some light on what needs to happen
to get an app working w/ dpdk-dumpcap?

I'm using dpdk version v21.11, compile from source via github.

Thanks,
-Jon