* running DPDK application on Azure
@ 2022-04-12 20:09 Yang Luan
From: Yang Luan @ 2022-04-12 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

We have an application using DPDK on AWS and would like to port it to
Azure. What would be recommended PMD to use? If I understand correctly, we
can either use the Netvsc PMD or the vdev_Netvsc PMD. It seems the Netvsc
PMD is newer.

An alternative is to use the mlx4 PMD by only attaching to the mlx NIC's
PCI address. As I understand it, the concern is the mlx nic may not receive
all the packets. We run a proprietary UDP based protocol on top of DPDK.
Are all UDP packets guaranteed to be received by the mlx NIC?

Thanks,
Yang