* Flexible payload feature of i40e PMD in DPDK 20.11
@ 2023-01-31 18:44 Joshi, Venkatesh
From: Joshi, Venkatesh @ 2023-01-31 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,

I have the following configuration:

NIC: Intel XXV710 (supported by i40e PMD)
DPDK version: 20.11

My requirement is to use Flexible payload of the XXV710 NIC (i40e PMD) to do the following:

* For incoming packets where the ethertype is 0x0806 (ie: ARP packets), do the RSS hashing based on the Sender Hardware Address instead of the ethertype field which is considered by default.
* Basically, I don't want all the ARP packets falling on the same queue. Hence, hashing based on the sender hardware address would give a good distribution across multiple CPUs where my dpdk application is running.

However, I have not been able to find any examples where the following macros have been used - RTE_ETH_INPUT_SET_FLEX_PAYLOAD_1ST_WORD through RTE_ETH_INPUT_SET_FLEX_PAYLOAD_8TH_WORD.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Venkatesh