From: Stephen Hemminger <stephen@networkplumber.org>
To: Raghavan V <Raghavan.V2@tatacommunications.com>
Cc: "dev@dpdk.org" <dev@dpdk.org>, "users@dpdk.org" <users@dpdk.org>
Subject: Re: DPDK: Create multiple RSS flows with unique set of queues for different patterns
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2024 11:55:12 -0700	[thread overview]

On Thu, 8 Aug 2024 11:19:13 +0000
Raghavan V <Raghavan.V2@tatacommunications.com> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> Is there any possible way to create multiple RSS flows to distribute packets to set of queues when a particular Ip pattern matches.
> For e.g.,
> I have 40 RX queues setup,
> Flow 1: Match a particular IP pattern and distribute it to specified RX queues set (0 - 29)
> Flow 2: Match a particular IP pattern and distribute it to specified RX queues set (30 - 39)

You need to address what to with packets that do match either of the patterns.
Usually best to reserve one queue (0) for those.

> Is the below code snippet possible? Also is it possible to use symmetric toeplitz  hash and ETH_RSS_L3_SRC_ONLY | ETH_RSS_L3_DST_ONLY and let me know any other config should be included.

That is HW dependent I suspect most hardware doesn't support it. Probably only mlx5.
You are best to read the driver source to find out if you want to do special case like this.

> uint16_t queue_indices[] = {0,...29};
> uint16_t queue_indices2[] = {30,..39};
>
> action_rss1 = (struct rte_flow_action_rss){
>                     .types = rss_conf.rss_hf,
>                     .key_len = rss_conf.rss_key_len,

Usually best to go with default rss_key and leave key_len and key as default of 0.