* DPDK NIC - Firmware  Comptability
@ 2024-03-28  5:53 Pujar, Shyam
From: Pujar, Shyam @ 2024-03-28  5:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi All ,
              I have question regarding DPDK NIC-Firmware version compatibility. https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/nics/i40e.html.
I have highlighted the DPDK version in use.   Does the following matrix indicates that, "minimum version of Firmware or exact version"?

Regards,
Shyam

DPDK version
Kernel driver version
Firmware version
23.11
2.23.17
9.30
23.07
2.22.20
9.20
23.03
2.22.18
9.20
22.11
2.20.12
9.01
22.07
2.19.3
8.70
22.03
2.17.15
8.30
21.11
2.17.4
8.30
21.08
2.15.9
8.30
21.05
2.15.9
8.30
21.02
2.14.13
8.00
20.11
2.14.13
8.00

Regards,
Shyam

* Re: DPDK NIC - Firmware  Comptability
@ 2024-03-28  8:24 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2024-03-28  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yuying Zhang, Hailin Xu, John McNamara
  Cc: users, Pujar, Shyam, david.marchand

28/03/2024 06:53, Pujar, Shyam:
> Hi All ,
>               I have question regarding DPDK NIC-Firmware version compatibility. https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/nics/i40e.html.
> I have highlighted the DPDK version in use.   Does the following matrix indicates that, "minimum version of Firmware or exact version"?

Good question, Yuying, Hailin, can we upgrade the firmware version,
while being on an old DPDK and/or old kernel module?

Would be nice to make it clear in the documentation.

Thank you