* [dpdk-users] DPDK support for wireless NICs
@ 2019-11-20  3:59 Chengke Wang
From: Chengke Wang @ 2019-11-20  3:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

	Dear all,

	I found DPDK in order to implement a high-speed dataplane on 802.11ac. We have tested that in the scenario where two machines use Wi-Fi Direct to communicate, the goodput of TCP can reach above 800Mbps.

	However, I learned that DPDK does not support wireless NICs now. Does DPDK have special requirements of today’s commodity wireless NIC hardware? If not, is it feasible to bring in support of DPDK for wireless NICs with modification *only* to the NIC driver? We want to work on this if the change to the driver is all we need.

	Thanks,

	Chengke

* [dpdk-users] DPDK support for wireless NICs
@ 2017-05-04 10:54 Arun Kumar
From: Arun Kumar @ 2017-05-04 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev, users

Hi Developers,

I believe wireless NICs would be able to handle higher amount of data in
future and bringing in support of DPDK for wireless NICs earlier would be
beneficial to the wireless community. I would like to work on this.

Could you please share some light on how to proceed further. Whether this
is a feasible idea and what might be the benefits and cons.

Linux has the mac80211 framework helping 802.11 driver developers.
Suggestion on how to use this mac80211 framework along with DPDK would be
useful for me to proceed further.

Thanks,
Arun