From: "Johnson, Brian" <brian.johnson@intel.com>
To: "users@dpdk.org" <users@dpdk.org>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-users] Running DPDK apps on Intel ICE: currently package doesn't support RXDID error
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 04:44:32 +0000	[thread overview]

Here are some links to DDP resources.

  *   To understand what is DDP package and how it works, please review Intel® Ethernet Controller E810 Dynamic Device Personalization (DDP) for Telecommunications Technology Guide<https://cdrdv2.intel.com/v1/dl/getContent/617015>.
  *   To understand DDP for COMMs usage with DPDK, please review Intel® Ethernet 800 Series Telecommunication (Comms) Dynamic Device Personalization (DDP) Package<https://cdrdv2.intel.com/v1/dl/getContent/618651>.

In general the Linux out of tree driver includes the OS default DDP Package. We have Enhanced DDP Packages that include additional protocol definitions for different types of deployments. Since some OS distributions have older driver versions they use older versions of the DDP Package. The DDP 1.3.4 version was a pre-release version and has limited compatibility with the newer firmware and drivers.

The ice driver readme provides details on how to update the DDP Package if you are not doing a make install of the ice driver.

The Intel Resource and Design Center site has more details on DDP for the Intel Ethernet Controller E810 and the latest DDP Packages are available on the Intel support site.

I am away from my computer right now and I don’t have access to all the links but will try to add them to the thread in the morning.

Brian Johnson
Senior Solutions Architect in the Ethernet Products Group at Intel
Sent from my iPhone