* [dpdk-users] Multiple DPDK application instances on the same machine?
@ 2019-10-09 17:06 Templin (US), Fred L
From: Templin (US), Fred L @ 2019-10-09 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi, we have a need to run multiple instances of applications that use the DPDK library on the
same machine. We are currently working with only two instances, but can't even get that to
work because the two seem to interfere with each other in terms of mempool creation. In
the future, we are going to want to have many more instances of the app all running in the
same physical/virtual machine. Is there a way to run multiple DPDK-using applications on
the same machine?

We note that there is only one /sys/kernel/mm/hugepages/ area per machine, and our
instructions were for *each application* to set the number of hugepages. Could it be that
there needs to be a way for the application instances to cooperatively share this area
instead of interfering with one another?

Thanks - Fred